Sunday, October 19, 2008

Haunted Canyon Train Ride




Since we were out of school for two days, we decided to take Rachael to do something fun. We ended up going on the Haunted Canyon train ride on the Heber Valley Railroad. Matt's parents, sister Tosha, and brother Terral and his girlfriend Chelsea all came with us. I had been in bed with the flu all day, but didn't want to miss out on the fun, so I decided to go - I probably shouldn't have because I felt miserable! That's why you don't see any pictures of me...you would think I was one of the cast on the train! Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and Rachael had a great time. She especially liked that she got to wear her vampire costume. She is usually fine around scary things, but when the guys with the crazy hair and make-up got right in her face she started crying. She got over it quickly and is still up for watching Poltergeist with dad any time.

11 comments:

Autumn said...

That's sounds like it was fun!!! I like your costume Rachael!!! Very scary!

Jamie Curtis said...

Olivia! I'm so glad you found me in the blogging world. Now I can stay updated on all of the fun things happening at home!! Hope things are going well. Love you!

Wendy said...

Matt looks like he enjoyed it the most!! What a fun time. Blogs make it fun to keep up and see how others are doing.

Kori said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I love haunted houses and will have to come try the Haunted Heber Valley Railroad sometime. I'm sorry you had the flu. I hope you are feeling better. I can totally relate to not wanting to miss out on the fun though. No rest or recovery for us moms!

Brimaca said...

Fun! I wish I could go. We are coming to UT but not until Dec.

Annie said...

Okay. Tell Rachael to stop growing up. She looks far too old in those pictures.

halesrock said...

I know, I keep telling her to stop growing up, but she doesn't listen to me!

Brittoni said...

Looks like we had the flue at the same time. I felt pretty crappy too. Your mom called and asked if I wanted a sloppy joe and I told her no cause of how I had been feeling and she said you were feeling the same way too. I agree with wendy, Matt looks like he had the most fun. These kids all grow up way too fast.

Our Little Corner said...

Does she have in red contacts? That's spooky! She looks great and that smiling guy with Matt is hysterical!

steph said...

Hey there! It's Steph. I found your blog link on Brittoni's. I haven't seen or talked to you forever but it looks like things are great. I have always wanted to do the haunted train ride but I think my kiddos are too little still. Anyway, Rachel is so cute and looks a lot like you. I'm glad to find your blog and see what you're up to.

Brooke said...

Fun ride! My girls thought it was a little scary last year, so we didn't try it this year. But they are a lot younger than Rachel. So proud of your blog! You are awesome!