Friday, April 17, 2009

Shocker!

Ok, so I know it's a shocker to all of you that I am FINALLY posting! Sorry, but I got behind, then it seemed too overwhelming to post all that has been going on. I am only going to post our most recent happenings so it isn't so overwhelming : )
Spring break was last week and we decided to take a family vacation. Matt gave me tickets to Wicked in Portland Oregon for Christmas and we were just going to have a weekend getaway to go see it. By the time we had decided to make a vacation out of it, Wicked was sold out and we couldn't take Rachael with us. We left on Friday and saw Wicked on Saturday with Matt's parents. My mom flew out with Rachael on Sunday and met us in Oregon. While in Portland we went to the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. We got to see the Da Vinci exhibit there. It was very fascinating. We then drove down the Oregon coast which was absolutely beautiful! I have never been there and now I wonder why it has taken me so long to get there. We stopped at every lighthouse we could get to and took lots of pictures there. I'll post some of those pictures later. We also drove through the redwood forest and stopped to look at some of the trees there. Ok, so I have heard the redwood trees are big, but I had NO IDEA how huge they were! They were beautiful, and I was so amazed. I know this world didn't just "happen." It was created for us and seeing these things has made me appreciate it even more. We kept driving down the coast and ended up in San Francisco. I liked Wicked so much that we got tickets to see it again in San Francisco at the Orpheum Theatre. This time my mom and Rachael got to see it with us. I could see it over and over and over again! It is SO GOOD!!
The next day we went to see Alcatraz. We didn't spend much time there because mom was getting nervous in there. We then made the trek from San Francisco to Reno and stayed a night there, then we drove home the next day. It was so much fun spending time with my family, and it was a nice break. Now we only have 6 more weeks of school...yea!









Last, but not least, Matt and I celebrated our 11th anniversary on the 11th. It was the day after we got back from vacation and Matt surprised me the next morning with 2 dozen roses and a bracelet. He is so thoughtful and never forgets special events in my life. I want him to know I am grateful for him and I appreciate how good he is to me. I am so happy we have eternity together : )

8 comments:

Brittoni said...

Nice to see you are back in the blogging word. When you update it makes my life more interesting cause I have something to read when lucy is taking her naps.....so UPDATE MORE!!

No fair you got to go to wicked twice. but how awsome. I am jealous.

Glad you guys had a fun trip and was able to get away. Looks like you had a blast and got to do alot of things.

Kori said...

Glad you are back. It was great to see your trip. I am so jealous. I'm dying to see Wicked but everytime we get close something comes up.

Our Little Corner said...

HOLY TOLEDO! New post!!! Hales do rock!
Anyway, looks like you had a ton of fun. Vacations are so awesome! Lighthouses are awesome! Anniversaries are awesome too! Funny thing, maybe you won't think it's all that funny, but I was looking in my scrapbook just today and came across the pictures from your wedding and thought, "Oh they just had an anniversary, I wonder what they did." I guess now I know.
Also, we went to San Fransicso several years ago and bypassed the Alcatraz tour since we were a little short on money. About 2 years later we were in Boise Idaho and went on a prision tour of their old penitentary. It was so creepy, so I can totally identify with your mother. I don't know what Alcatraz is like, but at this one they had photos and biographies of all the horrible things people had done that were housed there. Then they showed us the death chamber followed by the solitary confinement hole and I was done. I wanted to take a shower.
Ok, can I babble enough for ya? Clearly I need to call you.

Brimaca said...

Yay for vacations. I'm jealous. I need one. I've never been any of those places so share all you want so I can live through you. :)

Annie said...

Fun post! I'm glad you guys had such a great time. We really need to get together some time. Maybe when school is out....

Christy said...

James and I did that trip a few years ago and loved it. We travel to Portland at least once a year. We love it there. I am glad to see that you have a good time. We really need to get together and catch up.

Unknown said...

Did all of you visit us in CA when your mom broke her ankle on the trampoline? I love the memories. Alcatraz still scares me!!

Mum Karol said...

That's my girls! I am so very proud of you. Love ya!